On 08/26/2009 11:38 AM, Anupam Jain wrote:
I am not familiar with the Boss Linux team but over the past 2-3 years
I've had run-ins with other Govt. agencies building Linux
distributions (yes there are others and their functioning is obscure
by design.). But you would not see my chest swell up with pride, for
these may technically be open source projects but the spirit is
proprietary and the hidden agenda behind any such govt. effort is
pretty clear

This is one reason why I am a big proponent of doing this sort of work, when using public money, under the aegis of an Academic Institution.

The dynamics change quite dramatically :)

--
Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/  : 2522...@icq