On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 10:54 PM, Gora Mohanty <g...@sarai.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 18:17:28 +0530
> Mohit Singh <gmohitsi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Dear FOSSouls,
> >

> > It is a matter of great concern for all of us that proliferation
> > of FOSS is being severely countered by 'AICTE Inspector Raj' in
> > engineering institutions. We have no evidences as of now -
> > because we have not involved 'TEHELKA.COM' till now, but the
> > evidences are the experiences of may heads of institutions.
>
> Dear Mohit,
>
>  No disrespect intended, but I am at a loss at understanding what
> you are talking about here. From what little I know, AICTE is
> some kind of a sarkaari regulatory body for education. Where does
> tehelka.com factor in here?
>
> > The AICTE inspectors insist on showing the bills of softwares
> > licensed/purchased and they reject FOSS as 'Free Ka hai ji -
> > hence you use'. It is a challenge for all of us to
> > 'educate/inspire/compel' AICTE and its NBA arm to respect FOSS.
>
> Again, what is the context here? Where are these AICTE inspectors
> coming to? Why exactly should we be worried?
>
> > This is not an intention to malign AICTE or any of its practice
> > anyway. If you are evidence savvy, kindly be present when an AICTE
> > appointed team visits an engineering college for inspection. They
> > are always interested in looking at 'LEGAL SOFTWARE' and their
> > definition of LEGAL is the binary only proprietary EULA given by
> > 'The Redmond Codelifter' and the like MOST RESPECTFULLY endorsed
> > by NASSCOM and the ministry of HRD, IT and others.
> [...]
>
> Personally, I am happy to malign AICTE, or any other sarkaari
> institution, when deserved. These people operate on *our* tax
> money. It is just not entirely clear to me what you are referring
> to.
>
> Regards,
> Gora

Let me try to explain.
# Engineering college in India are operated/approved by AICTE.
# AICTE make inspection of colleges and accept/reject a college.
# Most of the "AICTE Inspector" feel happy to see that a large amount of
money has been applied on non-foss-proprietary solutions.

--
│    Narendra Sisodiya ( नरेन्द्र सिसोदिया )