>  No disrespect intended, but I am at a loss at understanding what
> you are talking about here. From what little I know, AICTE is
> some kind of a sarkaari regulatory body for education. Where does
> tehelka.com factor in here?

AICTE sends inspectors to engineering institutions for approving their
courses and also for 'so called' quality certification of NBA.

All FOSSilosophy aside, they immediately reject FOSS as part of the
software available for computer labs, library and otherwise. They want
proofs of bills and licences/renewals - and all this is STRICTLY as
NASSCOM or those non free software business people want.

> Again, what is the context here? Where are these AICTE inspectors
> coming to? Why exactly should we be worried?

If these inspectors dont come and send report, no institute can get
the approval to run any AICTE approved technical course. this is part
of approval process. Its inspection!!!

And the kinds of people who come for this inspection is VERY WELL
known to all of us. If you need any more briefs, proofs, kindly visit
any technical institution during their AICTE approval process.

I am writing this mail because several institutions have revealed that
AICTE inspectors SPECIFICALLY asked for non free software with their
bills and licenses while rejecting FOSS.

--

Mohit Singh

GNU/Linux User Group - Meerut