> But the less than 80 character wide limitation isn't a limitation
> set by our body it was a limitation set by the older displays.

Reading wide displays is surely more difficult that reading shorter
width displays. This, as far as I know, is a well accepted fact in
publishing industry.

Imagine, for example, that the layout of your morning newspaper was
not divided into columns and you had each story printed in the entire
width of the newspaper. It would be impossible to read it. Even when
the size of paper allows it, the text has to be divided into columns
of shorter width.

Vikas