On Thursday 15 Apr 2010, Vipul Mathur wrote:
> Personally, I use a vertical split emacs window with Inconsolata 12pt
> font on a 22" 1680x1050 screen. This gives me *two* >80 col wide
> windows side-by-side. Works like a charm for multi-file coding (is
> there any other kind left?) and diff etc. Not to mention the
> Inconcolata beauty! :-) A similar setup should work for a 21" monitor
> with appropriate font point size.

No issues with your coding style, but you still haven't told me how to
view Google search results in 2 side-by-side windows on a widescreen
monitor ;-)

BTW, multi-file coding is nice and fine, but (and I know this makes me
into a dinosaur) there are still times when you want to just see as many
lines of one file as possible on one page.  And no, I don't mean having
the same file open in 2 side-by-side windows and scrolling each to see
more context!

To sum up, I'm unlikely to change my working style just because hardware
demands it.

/me pets his old 17" 4:3.

Regards,

-- Raju