On 09/19/2010 10:06 PM, Llywelyn Owen wrote:
I will be visiting Delhi in the next week or so to work on the Games
coverage for a fortnight. I plan to bring my Linux Netbook to keep on top of
my email. Some of my sad Windows using colleague want to do the same. We've
been told that wifi is either expensive or non existent.  Our hotel (Regency
Hayatt - not far from the tennis venue) has prohibitively expensive wifi
internet.

Grab one of the MiFi things that three.co.uk are selling, make sure its unlocked to all gsm networks.

When in India, just get yourself a pay-as-you-go ( its called prepay in India ) SIMM cards and you should get gprs rate ( ~ 14 - 15k/sec ) WiFi for upto 5 devices on the go. Its not the fastest thing you've ever seen, but it does tend to work and if you are stationary in hotel rooms or venues, it will be fairly consistent too.

There are quite a few people on the list here who would be able to recommend service providers for the SIMM

- KB