On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 10:50:57 +0530, "Raj Mathur (राज माथुर)"
<r...@linux-delhi.org> wrote:

> That doesn't work, unfortunately.  Just an ATX3 in cu also closes the
> connection with an error.  As you would expect, wvdial whines about
> "Modem not responding".
>
> Incidentally, my GSM provider is Vodafone.

Well, need to have a 5800 to experiment. Though you must have done it
right, for me it was channel 2 and not channel 1.

rfcomm0 {
        bind yes;
        device 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:D0;
        channel 2;
        comment "Nokia PPP connect";
}

Using `sdptool browse 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:D0` I got the channel number from
"Dialup Networking" group. Also, the baud was 57600 in my wvdial config,
though I don't think that would have any impact.

Baud = 57600

Regards
Vivek Kapoor
http://exain.com