On Saturday 19 Mar 2011, Raj Mathur (राज माथुर) wrote:
> sdptool shows the "Dialup Networking" group having channel 22.  With
> the necessary change in rfcomm.conf I can use cu to connect fine to
> the phone and get AT commands OKed back from it.  wvdial is
> dialling, now I just need to figure out the dial strings, login,
> etc. for Vodafone.

And to follow-up on my own post, all you need to give to wvdial for
Vodafone is the phone number to dial: *99***1#

Complete wvdial.conf stanza for dialling Vodafone from your PC through
the Nokia XpressMusic 5800 bluetooth is:

[Dialer Hutch]
Init1 = ATZ
Init2 = ATE1Q0
Modem = /dev/rfcomm0
Baud = 9000000
FlowControl = Hardware (CRTSCTS)
Dial Command = ATDT
Stupid Mode = 1
Password = anything
Username = anything
Phone = *99***1#

Thanks to all who took the time to help, special thanks to Vivek and
Vikas.

Regards,

-- Raj
--