On Jan 22, 2006, at 11:40, ed&bunkie wrote:

> Suddenly the mail is getting lost between the server and the > inbox. It
> shows mail messages on the server and shows the mail coming in,

Sorry I can't help you here but what do you use to show the messages on the server?

I used to have a little program on my Linux box to show and delete messages on the server but I haven't found a program to do the same on OSX 10

I use POP Monitor. Also allows me to sort and remove spam before I download. One of my favorite shareware programs ever given what comes in email these days. Also very useful if you are on dialup and someone sends you a huge attachment and you'd like to see what it the message is before downloading, etc.

So I see the original poster solved their question, but I have another question re OS X Mail. I use Thunderbird myself, but several people I know who use Mail in Panther find that it sometimes does not remove all the mail from the server, or in other cases incorrectly reports that there is no mail. In one case recently I can use POP Monitor to see that there are messages in the server, then I check that account with Mail, and it says there is no mail. Tried deleting and reinserting that account info with Mail, same result. Anyone know what is going on or how to fix it?

TIA,

Beverly
http://beverlywoods.net