On Jun 23, 12:28 pm, Bruce Johnson <john...@pharmacy.arizona.edu>
wrote:
> On Jun 23, 2009, at 7:03 AM, Al Poulin wrote:>
>
> > Both are set at WPA2 Personal.  Both access Internet in separate
> > Bridge mode via a Verizon router which has Coax connection to
> > Verizon's FiOS fiber/coax conversion box (Optical Network Terminal-
> > ONT) outside the house.  Verizon router's WiFi (802.11b/g) is turned
> > off.
>
> The best way to do this is to set the Airports to NOT pass out IP
> addresses but let the Verizon router upstream do it. This way they're
> wireless segments of the same LAN. This is an option in the Airport
> setup.

Thank you Bruce, I think I know what you are saying.  Both Airports
are set for DHCP to the client machines, but I think you are saying
the Verizon router should do that, correct?  It is already set for
DHCP, so I only need to turn on its WiFi.  Also, would that force me
to run the Time Capsule at the slower 802.11g instead of n?

On the Airport side, would I be changing the setting in Connection
Sharing, or doing something with SNMP?  If in Connection Sharing, do I
select "Share a public IP address" instead of the "Off (Bridge Mode)"
setting?

If I am close to understanding you, why is is best to make the change?

Al Poulin