> I'm going to try command V next.  I tried Command-Option-N-V(?) to
> reset NVRAM and it didnt go all the way through.  Here is some of what
> I got:

I know this is a late comment, but I have been following this thread; when
U reset the PRAM, you DID hold the keys for four(4) restart bongs, right?

Also, I think i asked this before, but I remember you mentioning you loaded
the OS in the HDD using another machine, I think?   What Mac did U use?

Finally, It might be time to consider   re-installing the original HDD, and
using your 10.3 install disk to reset the password.

Craig W.
TX - GA
iMac Summer ’01 600mhz
 iMac TL with Sonnet FW upgrade
 Custom-made G3 rack server w/ TL Imac parts w/ Sonnet FW Upgrade
 [20-odd iMac G3s that I donate to kids & organizations]