If it was running OSX before, there's a good chance it already had the
firmware update.
Besides, we accidentally did that to a 350Mhz Blueberry slot-loader,
installed 10.4 without updating the firmware. In that case, it stops
recognizing the monitor, and it just stops displaying video.

        -Elliott Price
Mac Computer Repair - Santa Barbara
Graphic Design - Artwork Setup
Websites - Low Cost Custom Websites