Thomas -

My 450 MHz slot loader DVD iMac G3 will recognize either of my two 512
mb memory modules in either slot but if both of them are put in (in any
order) it won't boot until I press the button on the side with the
little triangle on it - then it comes up fine and I can check that it
shows 1 gb of ram memory.

I'm running OS 8.6 - like to hear if anyone has a solution.

Ernie