On 9/11/2009, at 2:43 PM, Ernie Chorny wrote:

> Thomas -
>
> My 450 MHz slot loader DVD iMac G3 will recognize either of my two 512
> mb memory modules in either slot but if both of them are put in (in
> any
> order) it won't boot until I press the button on the side with the
> little triangle on it - then it comes up fine and I can check that it
> shows 1 gb of ram memory.
>
> I'm running OS 8.6 - like to hear if anyone has a solution.
>
> Ernie

Uh, OS 8.6 is super ancient - Why don't you upgrade? I'm pretty sure
it [OS 8.6] doesn't support a full GB. Anyway, how did you get 8.6 on
your 450MHz G3? The minimum is the shipping OS, which, for your iMac
is OS 9...

Thanks,
Po-en Tsai

-- eMac G4 1GHz running OSX 10.5, Superdrive, 60gb HDD with 1GB ram.
Super speedy! iMac G3 Indigo 350 MHz, running OSX 10.4, 10.3 and OS
9.2.2, 80gb HDD with 768MB ram. Rather Fast!