That's for local network ID I think... I call this computer
'Quicksilver' on my LAN; that's what it says in the sharing pane.
Otherwise my system refers to 'bill's computer'

Not sure, but System Preferences>Accounts>Password might be a clue... if
it says John Doe there then it looks like the name is editable there

I'd google the issue