If you go to YouTube and search the term "hack into emac"  I'll bet you will
find something.  The idea of hacking into imacs and emacs is fooling the
system into thinking that it's being set initially, and all the hacks
involve removing a line of code that confirms setup choices and so causes a
fresh setup - just as if it were new!  You won't lose any software as you do
this... there is no downside.