-----Original Message-----
From: Earle Jones <earle.jo...@comcast.net>
To: macosx-support <macosx-supp...@yahoogroups.com>; imaclist@googlegroups.com Cc: A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user. <x...@listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
Sent: Sat, Jan 9, 2010 1:27 pm
Subject: IOMEGA HD 320GB

Greetings! Intel iMac -- X 10.6.2 -- HP printers, etc.I have several external HDs (all are USB connected) including an IOMEGA 320 GB.The 320GB power unit died (loose plug-in prongs) and IOMEGA sent me a new power unit. When I re-connect the HD, it is not recognized on the desktop.'Disk Utility' can't find it; neither can 'Disk Warrior', TechTool Pro', 'Drive Genius' or anything else I can think of. Restart doesn't help.The disk drive is warm and rotating, the blue lamp is on, and the connections are OK (I switched several HDs around to different USB slots.)What should I do next? Is there a terminal script that will scan for HDs?Any suggestions appreciated.Thanks and cheers!earle*________________________Earle Jones 501 Portola Road #8008Portola Valley CA 94028Home: 650-424-4362Cell: 650-269-0035earle.jo...@comcast.net

Do you have another Mac of any sort that you could plug it into? If you have an external drive connector, you could take the drive out of the case and connect it that way. If the drive works by being connected via a USB HD cable adapter, then it could mean there is something wrong with the box your drive is located in. That would tell you if the problem lies in the case, or the drive itself.

Garth

All Macs are PC's but not all PC's are Macs.