"I would like to point out that I really regret the "no body ever got rich doing x" statement."

Cool. I also had second thoughts, about my statement about 'passion over money', in the sense that if a person has a family to support of course they have to make money. I guess the lucky ones are those who love what they do AND make a good living as well. But if I had to choose I'd rather have what I've had throughout my career as a graphic artist... not so much money, but a tremendous sense of artistic accomplishment which continues unabated to this day.

Robert Pangrazio wrote:
I've had stuff like this happen too. I bought a 20mb hard disk for a mac128/512 or plus for like 5 bucks. Then sold it for 200. You can make money selling used rare or hard to find computer equipment. Maybe enough to sustain a side business, but I doubt one that would provide a primary income.

I would like to point out that I really regret the "no body ever got rich doing x" statement. I didn't mean that the only point of all businesses is to get rich. Its just a figure of speech. I was just trying to say that it may not be a viable sole means of income.