Don't! You are far better off with OS 10.4.11. Simply put Leopard wasn't built for a G4 processor running less than 800MHz. I have a G4 Dual 867 and felt the performance was too slow.

I'm hearing this more and more lately, and it's getting me really ticked. LEOPARD IS FASTER THAN TIGER. It includes many enhancements in speed, and the kernel is a much newer, faster version. Add to that that you get support for all the new APIs and hardware, and I'm dying to upgrade my PMG4, a 733 MHz Digital Audio! I hear the same thing about Tiger on a 366 MHz G3. "It's too slow!" I have Tiger on this Clamshell, and it is amazing. Of course I can't run, say, GarageBand, but I wouldn't be able to in OS 9 or Jaguar, Panther, etc. either! Also, I don't think he asked "Should I Upgrade?", but he asked "How Can I Upgrade?" We're here to help people with what they're trying to do, not discourage using newer OSes.

Cheers,
Matt Rhinesmith

Sent from my iBook G3

Indigo iBook G3 Clamshell