On Sep 23, 11:39 am, Elliott Price <callmemrp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I hope that in 10.7 they switch away from the pink backgrounds. I miss the
> old blue swooshes. They were so elegant, and really made Macs pop. Even the
> new aluminum and black Macs look a lot more classy with the 10.4 blue swoosh,
> rather then the dumb pink aurora.

It's interesting to see how different things bother (or attract)
different people. In my case, I love almost everything about the new
"slate" look (love the name, very appropriate, Elliott). Even the so-
debated new iTunes look --after the initial WTF moment, I find it the
most unobtrusive iTunes skin ever. I keep my Dock very, very full, and
very minimized, so the 3D works better for me than a looooong
rectangle at the bottom of my screen.

You can have the blue swooshes back, you know. Just copy them from a
Tiger-running computer. I get bored very quickly with the supplied set
of desktop backgrounds that every OS comes with, and get my own
anyway. Same with screensavers --I use Electric Sheep, which is way,
way cool.

Felix