Sorry, I misread the B mode comment.  It "looks" like my router should support
a B device.  I was hoping for a B only mode to further eliminate things, but
don't have that option.

Agreed, the issue is with the security, but I'm having a hard time pinning it
down.  I've done the WPA TKIP, WPA AES, and WPA TKIP and AES.  I've had no
success with either setting.  However, I'm still thinking the issue is with the
FIOS router because if I use my old AirPort Express to set up a new wireless
network, I can connect to that without problems.

I was just now trying to get my AirPort Express to join my existing FIOS
wireless network, but that is no longer working.  I'm finding this whole
process rather frustrating, as it was working and hosting a USB printer prior
to my messing around with the old iMac.  I can't figure out why I can't get it
all back to where it was...  :(

I've enjoyed computers for MANY years.  I love tinker with them, even old ones.
 But it always seems the most frustration occurs when playing with wireless
network settings...

Thanks,
Doug