When I bought the eMac it had 256mb, and wouldn't run GarageBand very
well, which is what my grandson wanted. After upping the RAM to 1gb,
it runs pretty smooth. I can't answer about iMovie, we haven't tried
it. (FYI, I have some apps that were released during System 7 that
work in Classic mode under 10.4.11).