On Nov 8, 2011, at 5:14 AM, JohnCarmonne wrote:

> On Nov 6, 2011, at 7:31 PM, Mark Sokolovsky wrote:
>
>> I am rather to question as to why modems were placed on any machines after
>> 2003 at all. It's not like we are still dealing with dial-up anymore, are we?
>>

> I FAX 80% of my invoices to my customers so I need a modem on my machines the
> Apple USB with FaxPro is my solution.

In addition to everyone having a laptop we have a joint, family computer in the
kitchen, a G5.  One of it's uses is for sending faxes as it has both a built in
modem and an HP scanner / printer / copier attached.  Whenever we upgrade it to
an intel I'll have to figure another solution.  Or stop faxing.

Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA
Macintosh / Internet Consulting