Just that between the OS the machine shipped with and the final one which
it will run before the publisher abandons support is a version with nice
added features but which does not slow down the machine perceptibly.

The ability or lack of ability to turn off functions if you need more CPU
cycles or system resources for programs comes into play as well.  That will
vary with the OS version and the feature.

But once you find a "sweet spot configuration" for a beloved machine you
will know it.

Of course if somehow a user feels very attached to some feature or a web
dictated support need then they may trade off performance of programs for
the sake of that feature when they cannot afford a new machine.

Some people will spend money on OSes and more drives in order to have a lot
of OS versions which they will switch between. My observation of that in
the past 25 years is that it just causes headaches and you are spending as
much as you would buying a new machine with the new OS.

Adrian D'Alessio aka; Fluxstringer
fluxstrin...@gmail.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fluxstreamcommunication/
http://www.facebook.com/FluxStringer
https://www.youtube.com/user/fluxstringer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/fluxstreamcommunications

On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 8:41 PM, Bruce Rubin <centris...@gmail.com> wrote:

> W.Adrian D'Alessio,
>
> There may be some truth in what you write. Do you have any specific
> suggestions?
>
> On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 7:35 PM, W.Adrian D'Alessio <fluxstrin...@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Bloatware is the number one way that computer OS publishers drive
>> Hardware system sales.
>>
>> So obvious and especially since they have been doing it  for 30 years.
>>
>> A balanced system will always be the best user system.
>>

>> Adrian D'Alessio aka; Fluxstringer
>> fluxstrin...@gmail.com
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/fluxstreamcommunication/
>> http://www.facebook.com/FluxStringer
>> https://www.youtube.com/user/fluxstringer
>> http://www.linkedin.com/in/fluxstreamcommunications
>>

>> On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 7:32 PM, W.Adrian D'Alessio <
>> fluxstrin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> You say " it works well enough with whatever the latest and greatest OS
>>> X is available." yet ignore that the hardware is obviously choking on it.
>>>
>>> " I have to admit that recently I've noticed that it isn't quite as
>>> responsive as it once was "
>>>
>>> You already answered your own question. Whether you have " taken the
>>> time to determine why" or not.
>>>

>>> Adrian D'Alessio aka; Fluxstringer
>>> fluxstrin...@gmail.com
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/fluxstreamcommunication/
>>> http://www.facebook.com/FluxStringer
>>> https://www.youtube.com/user/fluxstringer
>>> http://www.linkedin.com/in/fluxstreamcommunications

>> --
>>
>> ---
>> "iMac Group" group.
>> email to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

> ---
> "iMac Group" group.
> email to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.