hehehe  After your message about Spam I was scared to reply <g>
 
Big difference is, you are constructively offering an add-on to IMAIL that fills a need that Ipswitch has not addressed yet.  That is symbiotic, your efforts can add value to the core product, and so I view it differently.  I also remember you posting most of the stuff here for free as you were building it in ASP form.  I really learned a thing or two by looking through your ASP code.  You also participate in the dialogs here for purposes other than selling your product, and I personally value your input.  We all worry about selling so much that we lose credibility, but other than originally letting us know what you did, I don't think you have posted anything about your product except in response to requests about it.  Seems like Ipswitch Tech support sent most of those folks to this forum looking...
 
What MonBebe is doing just smells carnivorous to me.  I know he may see DrooList as an add-on to IMAIL, but am I short of memory...?  When has he ever participated here without trying to sell DrooList? 
 
Please smack me someone if I am all wrong about this or acting like a "list cop" or playing favorites...
 
I still think we need an API, but you have filled a need and deserve to benefit from it, so I will steer people at you until Ipswitch gives us the API their product needs.  You have tried to add something to the mix, not replace it.
 
Best Regards,
-V
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, September 12, 1999 6:02 PM
Subject: RE: [IMail Forum] Script.

hehehe  After your message about Spam I was scared to reply <g>
 
I hate posting advertisements and sounding like a broken record  :-(
 
Scott
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Vaughn Thurman
Sent: Sunday, September 12, 1999 5:17 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [IMail Forum] Script.

Where is Scott?  I looked for his reply to be right after this one! <g>
 
Set up an ASP or the likes to allow selection of domain.  Using external dB you can insert records into the table for the appropriate domain and 'viola'.  Using the IMAIL dB you need to use (in ASP) something like ASPExec to call IMAIL's adduser.exe.  Either way will get done for you what you wish.  If this sounds daunting, there is a guy on this list (Scott Pouliot [EMAIL PROTECTED]) who has a ready made package to do 96% of what you described.
-V
 
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 1999 12:44 AM
Subject: [IMail Forum] Script.

Kinda new to this forum, we just purchased Imail, and we are hosting aprox 1000 domains on our servers.  is there any way that we can setup a script where a new user can log into the main login page pick which domian they want to have an e-mail associated with, and setup their own account?  Eg.  Hotmail.com. 
 
 
Thanks
Denis

Reply via email to