Which also would mean no one will get a welcome message since they aren't 
subscribing via email??

At 09:01 PM 3/9/2000 -0500, you wrote:
> > I am running a Private list.  No open subscriptions.  Applications come to
> > me, then users are added.  In majordomo, I could subscribe folks as long
>as
> > I included the password in the text.  Is there any way I can subscribe
> > people to a private list via email?  Or do I have to always go to the web
> > admin page?
>
>No... unfortunately.
>
>
> > Second, is there a way to set people to "nomail" or "holdmail" when they
> > are on vacation?  Or do I have to delete them and add them when they
>return?
>
>IMail does not support the nomail function common on other listservs.  They
>have to unsub, and then resub when they return.
>
>
> > Is there a way to prevent attachments from posting to the list?
>
>Not without disabling attachements to your entire mail server.  IMail only
>supports removal of non-text attachements to DIGESTS.
>
>
> > And finally, regarding the digest, is there a way to have the contents
> > listed at the top of the digest and have the messages hot link down to the
> > correct message? (ala egroups)
> >
>
>Nope!
>
>
>Liz:
>
>We have been circulating a list (three pages long) of major listserv
>improvements for about 17 months now.  Unfortunately those evil marketing
>types at IPSwitch have won the day and have not allowed the programmers, who
>are willing to make the upgrades, to make them.  Each of the above you asked
>about is on my list of upgrades.
>
>Anthony
>
>
>Please visit http://www.ipswitch.com/support/mailing-lists.html
>to be removed from this list.

Please visit http://www.ipswitch.com/support/mailing-lists.html 
to be removed from this list.

Reply via email to