> Is there a way to prevent attachments from posting to the list?

This isn't going to be a LOT of help, but.....
You can limit the size of messages - which will take out larger attachments.
You could also add rules which will catch phrases like;
"Attached is a "
"I have attached "
"I've attached "
That'll catch a few messages with attachments.

> Is there any way I can subscribe
> people to a private list via email?
> Or do I have to always go to the web admin page?

You can also edit the users.lst file
Just open it in a text editor and paste in your new subscribers.

They don't get welcome messages that way, but I have a solution to that.

I send a message to the list introducing them to the rest of the mailing
list, and include the "welcome" instructions along with the introduction.

I can't say for sure, but I think the introduction "sticks" a little better
this way. Maybe because it seems more personal than an auto generated
welcome message (It's not really - same stuff every time) or maybe they pay
more attention because there are more "witnesses".

Gary Mauer
Window Cleaning Network
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, USA

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.window-cleaning-net.com/



> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Liz Logan
> Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2000 7:39 PM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [IMail Forum] email subscribe and hold mail
>
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm new at this.  I was formerly using a server that had majordomo
> installed.  There are several things I need to be able to do and
> can't seem
> to find.  I'm hoping someone can help.
>
> I am running a Private list.  No open subscriptions.
> Applications come to
> me, then users are added.  In majordomo, I could subscribe folks
> as long as
> I included the password in the text.  Is there any way I can subscribe
> people to a private list via email?  Or do I have to always go to the web
> admin page?
>
> Second, is there a way to set people to "nomail" or "holdmail" when they
> are on vacation?  Or do I have to delete them and add them when
> they return?
>
> Is there a way to prevent attachments from posting to the list?
>
> And finally, regarding the digest, is there a way to have the contents
> listed at the top of the digest and have the messages hot link
> down to the
> correct message? (ala egroups)
>
> Thanks for the help
> Liz Logan
>
> Please visit http://www.ipswitch.com/support/mailing-lists.html
> to be removed from this list.
>

Please visit http://www.ipswitch.com/support/mailing-lists.html 
to be removed from this list.

Reply via email to