On Fri, 11 May 2007, Erik Kangas wrote:
If you use mailutil with MIX and try to "move" to a new folder, all the keywords defined in .mixmeta in the original folder are also added to the .mixmeta of the new folder ... this happens even without -kwcopy. I would expect that without -kwcopy, the move command would behave like create + append without -kwcopy (which does not result in the meta keywords being preserved).

Actually, your expectation was correct! mailutil move without -kwcopy does work the same as create + append without -kwcopy. It's the other part (create + append not preserving keywords) that is different in mix.

It turns out that -kwcopy is unnecessary with the current mix driver no matter what operation you use!

I'm not sure what to do about this. It's easy enough to disable keyword creation in this case. But perhaps some people would consider this to be a feature of mix and the other UW IMAP drivers are buggy for not doing it.

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc