On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Vadim Zeitlin <vz-ccli...@zeitlins.org>wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:42:38 +0100 Robert Raschke <rtrli...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
> RR> Err, how about just using folders? Name one of them Trash. You move
> stuff to
> RR> Trash if you want to "keep" it, and you delete messages you don't.
>
>  This is exactly what I do except that "deleting" moves stuff to this Trash
> folder and "permanently deleting" really deletes it in place. Mark seems to
> think that this is anti-IMAP and shouldn't be done like this, I was curious
> to find what was he suggesting to do. Unfortunately I still don't
> understand
> what was it.

Right, I did indeed mean "move", not "delete". It's a different use, and not
trying to overload "delete" to mean "well, you know, kinda delete, but not
really, just put it over there until I say delete again, so's you know I
really meant it".

Just use move when you don't want to delete! Everything is then just bog
standard IMAP.

Robby

PS I guess I'm sounding a wee bit sarcastic, I hope I don't offend too much.