Mark Crispin wrote :

> (1) is the situation today.  Extensions extend; they do not preserve the
> status quo.  Furthermore, extensions extend client behavior.
>
> > 1 STORE 1 +FLAGS ($Junk)
> > * RECYCLEFLAGS ($Forwared $ThisFlag $AnotherOne)
> > * 1 FETCH (FLAGS (\Seen $Junk))
> > 1 OK STORE completed
>
> If $Junk was added, a new FLAGS and PERMANENTFLAGS has to be returned.
> Therefore, RECYCLEFLAGS is extraneous since that list can be derived.
>
> > 1 STORE 1 +FLAGS ($Junk)
> > * OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\New \Deleted $NoJunk $AndTheRest)]
> > * 1 FETCH (FLAGS (\Seen $Junk))
> > 1 OK STORE completed
>
> \New is not a flag.
>
> If $Junk was added, a new FLAGS and PERMANENTFLAGS has to be returned.
>
> If $Junk was not added, this example issued a PERMANENTFLAGS for no
> apparent reason, but in any case $Junk is not a permanent flag.

As I didn't read well my bible (the RFC :) ), if client is notified by
untagged PERMANENTFLAGS response, this can be a possibility.

Then, 1/ and 2/ are possible.

3/ and 4/ out.

Maybe things should be clarified about PERMANENTFLAGS in IMAP
specifications. (the fact that PERMANENTFLAGS responses can be sent
after a STORE command).

--
DINH V. Hoa,

etPan! - newsreader, mail user agent -- http://libetpan.sf.net/etpan