What's the benefit of tying the address to the structure? I've seen this spoken about quite a bit.

-----------------
Randal Hale, GISP
North River Geographic Systems, Inc
http://www.northrivergeographic.com
423.653.3611 rjh...@northrivergeographic.com
<mailto:rjh...@northrivergeographic.com>
twitter:rjhale
http://about.me/rjhale

On 11/24/2013 08:32 AM, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 07:53:30AM -0500, Serge Wroclawski wrote:
After thinking about this import- I think that it's overall a bad idea
because the addresses are not tied to physical structures.

It would be better, IMHO, until the areas have building coverage, to
use this as an external resource.
Note that the plan is to add the buildings before adding the
address information.  We are not interrested in address
information without the buildings.

In the CRAB database they also try to link it to the building.
They just had a big project completed (GRB) that is a reference
map with has things like streets and buildings on it.  In the CRAB
database they try to link the address information to the building
from GRB.  But they also link it to the parcel from GRB and the
cadastre.  We get a coordinate of the centre of the building and
parcel.

Note that the GRB is not something we can import currently.

I really don't get why you think this is a bad idea.

Nonetheless I will reply to this address expansion because I have some
experience with address expansion.