I worked this summer on an addressing project - all the addresses were points. In OSM I've seen discussion on relating the address to a structure or putting an address on a structure - I would rather keep it as a point within the structure (and not relating it to the building) - but that's just me. I believe you are just keeping the address as a point and not relating it to a structure (I've been trying to keep up with your import as a matter of interest).

Good luck on getting this done by the way.

Randy

Randal Hale, GISP
North River Geographic Systems, Inc
http://www.northrivergeographic.com