There seems to be a misunderstanding. While it is true that the person who
is handling the 'import' receives points with address data. These
contributors have to draw buildings around those points based on really
good imagery we have available.

So, calling it an import is probably a misnomer. What we're planning to do
is use that data as an extra source, a convenience. Then do a bit of hard
work either relating it to existing buildings in OSM or drawing new
buildings over the nodes. The tools in JOSM automatically transfer the info
from the 'imported' nodes to the building structures, thereby deleting the
node.

Conflation is handled manually, This is not a problem, as we have
relatively few addresses to begin with (compared to how many there are).
Expansion of abbreviations will also be done by humans, which will be a lot
more reliable than trying to code it.

Jo