Hi Garg ji,

plantperson7654 <https://www.inaturalist.org/people/plantperson7654> has
given his thoughts, and I quote him here ...

"
I identified this as S. hovei rather than S. violaceum based on the
information in this Phytokeys research article
<https://phytokeys.pensoft.net/article/79514>. They include a photo of S.
hovei <https://phytokeys.pensoft.net/article/79514/zoom/fig/131/> and the
following discussion under the section for S. hovei:

*"Solanum hovei is a member of a group of species identified in the
molecular analyses of Aubriot et al. (2016a) as the ‘S. violaceum group’.
It is morphologically similar to the sympatric and widespread S. violaceum
but differs from it in having leaves with more sparsely pubescent adaxial
surfaces and cuneate (rather than acute or truncate) bases. The pedicels of
S. hovei are strongly deflexed in fruit, while those of S. violaceum are
spreading. Solanum multiflorum of western India also has strongly deflexed
pedicels, but they are shorter, and the leaves are densely pubescent with
longer trichomes.*

*Sen Gupta (1964) suggested S. hovei was a rare plant in the Western Ghats,
but the number of recent collections in local herbaria suggest otherwise.
It is probable that S. hovei was largely confused with S. violaceum in
herbaria (usually identified as S. indicum)."*

The leaf shape, type of stem prickles and deflexed fruiting pedicels of
this plant indicate S. hovei in my opinion.

There's also this under the section for S. violaceum:
*"Solanum violaceum is sympatric with its close relatives S. deflexicarpum
of southern China, S. hovei, and S. multiflorum, the latter two endemic to
India. All of these species have strongly deflexed pedicels in fruit, while
those of S. violaceum are broadly spreading and usually longer."*

S. violaceum <https://phytokeys.pensoft.net/article/79514/zoom/fig/178/>
for comparison, with differently shaped leaf bases and spreading fruiting
pedicels. Its stems are either unarmed or armed with (usually) curved
prickles.

And as discussed in your link, S. lasiocarpum is a different plant
<https://phytokeys.pensoft.net/article/79514/zoom/fig/139/> with broader
leaves, white flowers, and pubescent fruits
"

Regards.
Dinesh