Thanks to all...

I am happy that my thread has lead the members to another discussion on
Indian journals.
Let me tell my experience..
When I had attended few interviews, international papers where
much favored than those papers published in Indian journals there.
Let me tell you that our first priority was "the reachability of the
findings to the scientific community" when we tried to publish these.
Unfortunately none of our Indian taxonomy journals are available online(
except Nelumbo & & Rheedea..!!).

Also I would like to add..
I found it difficult to collect those papers published in Indian journals
than foreign journals during my literature survey. Still I am in search for
some papers published in some Indian journals from Bengal Botanical Society.
I couldn't even find a copy of them in CAL too.
when I wrote to the librarian of *www.biodiversityheritagelibrary.org* about
including Indian journals in their website, she told me that they do not
have much access to Indian Journals.. Anyway, I came to know that, all the
volumes of *Rheedea *will be available through *biodiversityheritagelibrary
*soon.

I hope the scenario will be changed soon..

Anyway, Vijay ji, Ritesh ji, am considering an Indian journal for my next
paper, which is under progress..!!! [?][?]

For those who need the reprints of the paper, please drop me a mail..
Am out of station now. Will be sending the reprint soon, when I am back to
my lab.

with warm regards

--
*Manudev K Madhavan*