Reminding of hard work by researchers, I remember when we did our Ph.D., we
used to take photograph on film camera, wash the film ourselves in the dark
room, purchase kodak rolls of photographic paper, cut this and develop
prints ourselves in the dark room. Those were the days when research meant
doing every thing yourself. There was no printing available. Type the whole
manuscript on manual type writer, three or four times, after every proof
correction, and when final draft was ready, get 4-5 copies of this and for
this you had to use 4-5 carbon papers, press each stroke of type writer hard
so that impression reaches to all the copies, and then get it bound after
inserting the photographs (mounted on A4 sheets). Luckily the things are
much easier now.

Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/