Dear Vijayshankarji
Nice reading the discussion.
Few more points to add
1. How can we say that the new sps identifiedin Africa is not having relevance
in Indian Context? Isnt it the world biodiversity we have to consider?  In
evolutionary links dont we take the geographical distribtion into consideration
and try to give the evlutionay significance?Can we name differently  the sps
discovered in India  than the same  discovered in Africa? then we are not
following the rules of Binomial nomenclature.
For this the taxanomist in India must know the sps existing not only in Africa
but in entire world. Then only new sps can be claimed.
2. As what mentioned International publications are having weightage not only
to get jobs but to maintain jobs also. Even UGC has given different marks for
International journal publications and Indian Journal publications in the new
payscale, NAAC experts when visit college for accreditation look into these
details too.
3. All the other difficulties faced by all who have written are true but in
addition when we think of getting a copy of the paper Forien authors respond
promptly to our mails or letters and many a times send the copy of their papers
free, Indian many of the athors dont access mails, or dont respond to mails
neither posts. So unless the journal is available online the publication
remains hidden.
4. Many a time in Indian journals not only the one related taxanomy but other
too. the journals are not peer reviewd. So the quality of journals also matters.
Not that i have published many papers in International journals but when my
students or colleuges send their papers these are the difficulties we face, If
the paper is lying in one of the journals office for years togather and if
someone else publish the paper on the same line who gets the credit?
Tese are my few thoughts, No way i want to give higher credits to International
publications but we have to improve,
Madhuri