That will soon become a thing of past, Usha di. The situation is changing
now-a-days. Those who got trained in developed countries are willing to use
the knowledge and expertise in mother country. There was a recent footage
about this in a TV channel, too. And those returned to mother country are
really making changes in their institutions. I am sure when Pankaj, Ritesh
or any other young scientists come back to India, they will keep the
so-called bad traditions at bay for sure at least in their own
institutions/departments. It is only a matter of time. Lets hope for the
best...

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi