The way I've always done it here is by using a web interface for all user
account creation.  That way I can update the ldap server (using Net::LDAP)
and the IMAP server quota (using IMAP::Admin or Cyrus::Sieve)) at the same
time.  Only the Quota max is stored in LDAP (that's the value that is used
to update IMAP).  Of course if someone uses the command line cyradm tool to
change the quota, it won't be reflected in LDAP but will be reverted back to
the LDAP value the next time an update is done with the web tool.  We don't
normally change user quota's with cyradm so it's a nonissue with me.   I've
played around with using cron job to update Imap from the LDAP values but
there is always the delay involved and in some instances was undesirable.
Technically you don't even have to store the value in Ldap anyways since it
can always be read directly from Imap.  Just convenient to have it available
to LDAP only viewing tools.  You can always have it both ways.  Update both
at the same time with a custom tool but also have a script (via cron) that
compares the two values periodicaly and syncs them in case the update is
done with a Ldap only tool.  Note I also use the web cgi script to create
user accounts, aliases, etc and you'd have to make sure your synchronization
script does this as well if your accounts are created with said Ldap only
tool.

Alain Turbide