From: "Tim Pushor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 14:38:31 -0700

   While we are talking about taking cyrus and SASL to the next level, is there
   any plan to remove the dependance that Cyrus has on UNIX groups for group
   based ACL's?

Well, it doesn't.  It can also use the AFS PTS server for groups.
We (CMU) haven't written anything else because we haven't yet needed
anything else.  I can easily imagine an LDAP authorization module
working much the same way the PTS authorization module works, and it's
something we'll probably look into doing, but only when we really feel
the need.

It shouldn't be all that hard for someone else to write such an LDAP
authorization module.

Larry