On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 13:01 -0800, Chad A. Prey wrote:
> I am about to realize my dream of having a cyrus email server with Fibre
> Channel SAN storage. Could any of you out the that's got one of these
> beasts RUNNING IN PRODUCTION tell me your setup and overall results?
>
> I am thinking about starting off with two cyrus frontends, in an active
> passive failover using drb. However, I would much rather use multiple
> frontend boxes behind a load balancer in a n+ active active
> configuration.

what's your time line?  replication at application level would be best,
but the 2.3 series is quite young.

we have an old installation, so we're using LVS (2 directors in
active/active) in front of Perdition (2 frontends) in front of 16 Cyrus
instances running on three nodes sharing a SAN.  the cluster software
handling the three nodes is HP ServiceGuard.

these days, Murder is the way to go, IMHO.  but I don't have production
experience with it myself.
--
Kjetil T.