From: "Murray Gafkjen" <mgafk...@evertek.net>
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 8:24 PM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: RE: [info-tech] Teacher Websites/Sharepoint?

Been trying to create a site for the high school over the summer with
Sharepoint with  the addition of an application called sharepoint learning kit.
This app provides the framework for a cookbook approach to making the site.
Unfortunately it's open source, (with limited support from MS) and it has been
a tough go. I'll be sharing it on the 22nd at the Heartland "get together",
I'll gladly share it on the 24th in Ft. Dodge. This is using Microsoft Office
Sharepoint Server 07, Jeremy's solution is much cheaper (free) which is
referred to as wss 3.0 and as he said, is a service that you can enable from
the server features. I think both provide the ability to run SCORM packages.
(In Theory.)

Well, After many "redos" of building the server from scratch, I'm at the point
of adding data bases for additional pages. Each student will have their own
webpages which will reflect class assignments, documents for class, dropbox.
One of the key components is the ability to run SCORM packages made by
authoring tools. This would allow the student to take online assignments
(multiple choice, matching, short essay, besides other methods) and submit them.

I have a very limited "web" background, so those of you that have messed with
these things before, should have an easier go at it.  It's similar to moodle.

Enough, have a good evening.

Murray Gafkjen
CCE