Ask your superintendent whether there is an agreement/business deal between the schools. If there is an agreement/business deal, there is your answer. If no agreement exists - don't take the calls.

Richardson,Tony wrote:

We have an issue with the staff at another school calling our tech people for help with issues. How do you handle that one?

*From:* info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us [mailto:info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us] *On Behalf Of *Pearson, Jeremy
*Sent:* Thursday, October 01, 2009 10:55 AM
*To:* info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
*Subject:* RE: [info-tech] Tech Support for Outside Endeavors

We have been told by our Administration that we do not have to work on those personal issues. Conversations in passing are up to us, depending on the time we have available.

We have had our staff bring in personal laptops to use in our ICN room, and we do not provide network connectivity to non-District equipment, period.

Creating anything with school owned software or equipment means the District owns the rights to whatever was created, regardless of what time of day or location it was worked on.

We haven’t had a lot of these issues, but this is what we usually do to deal with them.

Jeremy