I do this using a local policy on the XP machine. I then set the
background to a GIF on a server. The down side to this approach is that
if you install SP3 it will no longer work.

________________________________

From: info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us
[mailto:info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us] On Behalf Of Mitch Mueller
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 7:22 AM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: [info-tech] Group Policy Question

We are looking for a way to stop students from changing background on
laptops using group policy.  I found all the group policy features but
when a student finds a picture they like they still can right click and
set as desktop background.  is there a way to stop that even without
having to disable right clicking feature.

Mitch Mueller
Network Administrator
Emmetsburg Community Schools
Emmetsburg, Ia 50536
mmuel...@emmetsburg.k12.ia.us
P: (712)852-2966
C: (712)298-0596

The best computer is a man and it's the only one that can be
mass-produced by unskilled labor.