From: info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us
[mailto:info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us] On Behalf Of Jackie Fonley
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:26 PM
To: Info Tech
Subject: [info-tech] skype (or other suggestion)

Greetings to another before the storm again day!  The beauty, however,
has made it all bearable.

Here's the deal:  an elementary student was diagnosed with cancer
several months ago, will be starting his chemo treatments again
shortly.  It was suggested maybe we could use Skype and he could
connect with the classroom while he is in Iowa City this time
around.   I know enough about Skype to know the general
workings . . .  but not enough to say this is the way to go or to even
know what things may we need to make this a go? (no, I haven't skyped
yet -- I finally joined facebook and twitter within the past few
months--baby steps!)

Ideas . . .  suggestions . . . . equipment needed . . . . anything to
get me going in the right direction with this?  Teacher has a MacBook
Pro with 10.40.11
Appreciate the help!
Jackie