Now that Kurt has been beaten into submission by philosophy and stoned
to death with apples can we move on?

________________________________

From: info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us
[mailto:info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us] On Behalf Of McKenney, Kurt
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2010 2:13 PM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: RE: [info-tech] First 18 hours with an IPad...

Would everyone have been happier if I directly called it the
idiot-savant of the computer world?

It is very good for some what I would consider limited tasks, but almost
torture for use in many common tasks. For example, I am using this ipad
for connecting to a terminal server, and running outlook 2010. However,
even though it will do it, it is taking at least three times longer to
type than it would on my cell phone.

Further tests on the ibook and kindle apps have also proven
disappointing to the teachers who have tried it and they are not used to
or willing to compromise.

But, I still insist that it is a very usable tool.