Hi Roy!

Le 20/07/2016 à 10:35, bandu...@efn.org a écrit :
> My name is Roy Torley.  I started to write yet another tutorial for
> Inkscape as a means for teaching myself how to use it.  It is my pleasure
> to share the few chapters that I have written for the Inkscape community.
> You will find them at:
>
> https://roy-torley.github.io/

Maybe we could include:
https://roy-torley.github.io/Inkscape_Tutorial/Inkscape_Tutorial_Contents.html
in the Tutorial list page:
https://inkscape.org/en/learn/tutorials/
But I don't know the policy for including tutorials there. Maren's
tutorials seem not to be included for example.
There's also the wiki page:
http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Tutorials_and_help

> I need to learn more about Github so you can download what you would like.
>  I have written only three chapters so far.  I intend to write, perhaps up
> to 20 chapters featuring the various capabilities that Inkscape has to
> offer.

We can already download your contents quite easily as they're provided
on the web.

What license are they under? I see no copyright information, which by
default means that your contents belong to you and we cannot copy it
(but we could use it as a reference, of course), from what I know/believe.
You should look for the meaning of some licences, e.g. Creative Commons
which are as far as I know the best licences for such contents.
Then you should link to the license you chose on some of your pages
(such as the table of contents) so that we can see it in small, for
example at the bottom; and you should add it to /all/ of your pages in a
meta tag:
Please write ‘name="author"’ — I see ‘type="author"’ on some of your pages.
You should also include a COPYRIGHT file containing your license in your
repository's root:
https://github.com/Roy-Torley/Roy-Torley.github.io
I'm not sure of this information so you may look further on the web.

You should also make your pages pass the W3 Validator as I see many
errors in it (and it's ugly):
http://validator.w3.org/
or simply open your pages with Firefox and press Ctrl+U, you'll see many
red parts. It means that your tags aren't correctly written.

> Again, I remind you that I write these chapters for myself.  This is my
> preferred way of learning at this time.  I will write more when I can make
> more time to think things through.

Thanks for sharing!

If you'd like to join the ‘official’ community and contribute to
official contents (such as the tutorials included with the Inkscape
software), feel free to ask any questions.

> I hope that all of you in the Inkscape find these chapters a good
> introduction to drawing without a pencil or pen, and that you find them
> enjoyable.

I won't read them fully right now, but the didacticism I see here can
certainly interest some people.

Regards,
--
Sylvain