Le Lundi 1 mai 2017 21h28, Maren Hachmann <ma...@goos-habermann.de> a écrit :
> - How does version control work for booktype? Could it be combined with
> a git repository, or does it use a fully independent system?
> (I couldn't find a direct hint, maybe it's just using the django
> database to keep track of changes/edits?)

As far as I can tell, everything (except the attached documents, e.g. images
embedded in the chapters) is stored in a database. Each version of a chapter is
stored with a revision number and can be compared with any other revision of
the same chapter (the user interface looks like a wikimedia version history
page). So I'm not sure using git to store the content (the database dump?) is a
good idea here.

> - What is the source file format of booktype? Markdown? (guessing from
> the requirements for pip)

No, Booktype uses an online wysiwyg editor to edit the books and save the
chapters in HTML directly.

Note that both the English and French Flossmanuals servers still use an old
(1.6.1) Booktype version, and things may have changed in the new 2.x branch
(officially launched last year).

Regards,
--
Nicolas