Am 21.01.2020 um 22:21 schrieb Matthew Brown:
What if we left the array type alone, and instead focussed on "list<Foo>"
type and "dict<string, Foo>", "dict<int, Bar>" types?

That would allow a clear break from previous behaviour, and would allow you
to introduce other changes (e.g. removing string -> int coercion for
numeric string keys).

Just to make sure I understand you correctly: are you proposing new data structures, names list and dict, in addition to array that can bring more specific / strict semantics?