Actually, it's not quite possible to declare a `mixed` type using union types
given that it's not possible to make properties as callable (please take a look
at my "Typed callable properties" post in the mailing list). As such, if we
wanted to make a property hold a callable, we would have to fallback to just
not using a type hint at all.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this behavior is addressed in the RFC and we can
pass callables to properties that are declared as `mixed`, right?

Best regards,
Benas Seliuginas